NO FEES UNLESS WE ARE SUCCESSFUL
Dental malpractice takes place when a dentist, orthodontist, oral surgeon, periodontist, or any other dental health care professional causes injury or in rare instance death by misconduct or negligent behavior. Every dental health care professional has a duty of care to his or her patients. Such duty of care means that your dental health care professional either took actions or did not take actions that were reasonable given the circumstances of your dental issue.
Dental and orthodontic malpractice may result in serious medical problems including, but not limited to bone damage, numbness, loss of teeth, destruction of nerve endings, disfigurement, and in rare cases, death.
Our Boston malpractice lawyers have the experience, skill, and resources to successfully bring your claim. We deal with large insurance companies and medical providers on a daily basis and our reputation often leads to a favorable settlement. When a settlement is not attained, we are fully prepared to litigate in court on your behalf. Call us today at 617-225-2100 for a FREE consultation.
The law and dental malpractice claims:
- First, the patient must prove that the dentist owed a duty of care to the individual who is bringing the law suit.
- Second, given that the dentist owed a duty of care to the patient, the individual alleging harm must prove that the dentist or dental professional acted in a manner that breached this duty of care.
- Third, as a result of this breach of duty, the patient must have suffered harm at the hands of the dental professional.
- Lastly, the injury must be proximately caused by the breach of the dental professional's breach of his or her duty of care.
Examples of dental malpractice:
- Nerve injury
- Failure to detect oral disease
- Unnecessary removal of teeth
- Problems resulting from anesthesia
- Failure to obtain informed patient consent
- Delay of diagnosis that allowed an illness or dental condition to further progress than if it had been caught earlier
- Medication error
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnosis a progressive illness such as oral cancer
If a you or a loved one have been harmed due to a dental malpractice error, contact the Boston personal injury attorneys at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. today at 617-225-2100 to discuss your options. Put our decades of experience and success in medical malpractice to work for you.