Massachusetts Personal Injury Lawyers
Our Boston personal injury attorneys at the Bellotti Law Group, P.C. pride themselves on achieving a high level of success through a simple, yet effective approach: a client-centered approach that is focused on our client’s objectives. The sad reality is that every day there are hundreds of people who are injured as a result of another person or company’s carelessness. These injuries stem from accidents such as: car and bicycle accidents that involve texting while driving or OUI, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, along with many others. At the Bellotti Law Group, P.C., our trusted and experienced Boston personal injury lawyers will always put you and your family’s interest first. We will advocate and fight tirelessly for you, stand up to the insurance companies, and ensure that you receive the best possible outcome in the quickest and fairest way possible. This is the client-centered approach, this is the Bellotti Law Group, P.C.
When you or someone you love is injured, the experienced Massachusetts personal injury lawyers at Bellotti Law Group, P.C., serve as the trusted advisers and assertive advocates that you need on your side. We draw on our decades of legal experience with personal injury law to create insightful trial strategies designed to help you obtain the compensation you need to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, ongoing care needs and all other expenses that will help you return to a normal life.
We utilize a proven approach to injury cases that has generated successful results for thousands of clients throughout Massachusetts. We will focus on the legal and financial details of your situation, while you and your family focus on recovering and moving forward with your lives. This is what separates Bellotti Law Group, P.C., from other Boston personal injury lawyers and law firms across Massachusetts.What is a Personal Injury Case?
When one party causes damage or harm in an accident or injury, cases of personal injury arise, and the negligent person causing such harm should be held responsible. For over thirty years, the professional, skilled attorneys at Bellotti Law Group P.C. have been serving those in Suffolk county, Cambridge, Quincy and across Massachusetts who were injured because of others' negligent or irresponsible acts. You have legal rights open to you when you have been injured and you consider that someone else is to blame. Our Personal Injury Attorneys may hold the party responsible for your damages at fault and claim compensation for your losses.The Personal Injury Process
Going through a personal injury lawsuit can seem daunting. We recognize how stressful this time in your life is for you, from dealing with an insurance company to getting the proper settlement, which is why we do everything we can to remove anxiety from the legal process and move forward with your life. We serve as a trusted guide to you at all stages of your case. Starting with your free initial consultation, we will:
- Thoroughly assess your matter so that we can offer you personalized advice.
- Ask about you and your injuries, your medical history and any treatment you may have received.
- Walk you step by step through all of your options.
- Stand up to opposing counsel and large insurance companies, so that they know you have someone protecting your best interests.
- Work tirelessly to help you maximize the compensation you receive.
- Always put your needs first and remain accessible at all stages of your case.
No matter what type of injury you have suffered, our team of aggressive personal injury lawyers MA can help. We have a distinct reputation for success and use our decades of experience and proven courtroom skills to represent clients in matters involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We help clients who have been injured in car collisions, motorcycle crashes and truck accidents. We also assist injured bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Public transit accidents: If you were injured in a bus accident or in a train accident, your time to bring a claim may be limited. Speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
- Medical malpractice claims: Our attorneys are skilled at holding medical professionals accountable for acts of malpractice and negligence.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: If your loved one has been injured as a result of negligence or abuse in a nursing facility, we can help you bring a claim.
- Premises liability: Property owners can be held accountable for injuries on their property, including slip-and-falls and injuries caused by inadequate security.
- Dog bites: A serious dog attack can leave significant scarring and other injuries. We can help you through the process of bringing a claim against the dog owner.
- Defective products: If a product you purchased is defective or poorly designed, you may be able to seek compensation from the manufacturer or designer.
- Construction defects: Our attorneys provide legal representation to clients who have been injured by collapsing roofs, porches, decks and balconies.
- Swimming pool accidents: Swimming pools can be a serious danger, especially to young children. If you or your child was injured, we can help you protect your rights and bring a personal injury claim.
- Fatal accidents: If you lost a loved one in an accident, our lawyers can guide you through the process of bringing a wrongful death claim.
Even if you do not see your type of injury or case in the list above, please contact our one of our Massachusetts personal injury attorneys with any questions you may have about your serious injury and potential personal injury case. We review and handle all types of accident and injury claims. Be aware that there are statutes of limitation that can forever bar you from bringing a claim if you do not do so within the appropriate timeframe. In other words, contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible is crucial for any personal injury victims who have suffered damage or harm.Statute of Limitations in Massachusetts
Several factors must be kept in mind to succeed in a personal injury case. The first is the limitations statute. There is only a short period in which a person who is injured may file a lawsuit. Depending upon the nature of the claim, the window varies. These timelines, generally speaking, are 3 years in personal injury cases. There are some cases in which the limitation period may be extended, but it would be an exception rather than a general rule.Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
Types of damages you may be able to recover with the help of our lawyers with years of experience include:
Economic damages: Economic damages are the losses that can be assessed readily and that are financial. For instance, all economic damages that may be recoverable in a personal injury claim are the costs of medical care, travel to and from medical services, treatment, medical supplies, lost income, property damage expenses, and more.
Non-economic damages: Damages do not always include money, and it can seem difficult to place a price on the value of the non-economic damages of a party, such as the value of their pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Since there is no other way to compensate an individual for these losses but through monetary compensation, a claimant in a personal injury claim can request compensation in addition to the full value of their economic losses for the full value of their non-economic losses.
Punitive damages: Instead of compensating the victim for injuries they have suffered, punitive damages are damages that are intended to punish the defendant for their egregiously wrongful conduct. They will be available only if it is proven that, in cases involving wrongful death in Massachusetts, the defendant acted with gross negligence or malicious intent.
Contact Bellotti Law Group, P.C., today for a free consultation with one of our Massachusetts personal injury lawyers. Call 617-225-2100 or contact us online by completing our contact form.