Construction Zone Road Accidents
Construction zone accidents in Massachusetts may easily be prevented when motorists follow the laws installed in the state. Road construction accidents endanger the well-being and safety of motorists and road crews.
Adequately establishing highway construction zones is necessary and critical for the safety of workers and drivers. Proper signage, construction of adequate transition, and termination zones are important safety features that should not be ignored. Additionally, reduced speeds, barriers, and police presence may further assist the reduction of accident risks in construction areas.
If you were a construction zone crew member and were injured on the job, you might be eligible for a workers' compensation claim. You might also have a third-party liability claim against anyone else other than your employer involved in the accident. The third party may be a motorist who was driving through the construction zone. Contact the Boston construction accident lawyers at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. today at 617-225-2100 to discuss your options.Safety Tips
The Federal Highway Administration provides the following safety considerations for drivers to follow when traveling through a highway construction site:
- Stay alert: construction zones slow and alter the flow of traffic and uneven road surfaces further increase the risk of an accident.
- Pay attention: road workers, law enforcement officers, and other crew members may be in the road and could easily cause an accident with a motorist.
- Do not tailgate
- Do not speed
Determining the fault of a driver or crew member in a construction site accident is critical in order to properly resolve whose negligence caused the crash.
Common types of highway construction accidents:
- Crane accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Scaffolding accidents
- Fire-related accidents
- Car or truck collisions with other motorists
- Car or truck accidents with crew members
- Accidents involving falling or swinging objects
- Accidents involving defective construction tools
- Wall Collapse
- Unguarded platforms
General causes of construction site accidents:
- Electrical accidents
- Chemical exposure
- Defective equipment
- Defective building materials
- Collapsing excavations and buildings
- Falling building materials
Causes of highway construction accidents: (accidents caused by motor vehicle drivers)
- Distracted and inattentive driving
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Cell phone use while driving
- Drunk driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driver inexperience
- Weather conditions involving rain and snow
Causes of highway construction accidents: (accidents caused by construction site workers)
- Inadequate training for the use of heavy equipment
- Incorrect signage
- Inadequate construction site postings, which gives drivers notice of a construction site
If you or a loved one believe that you have been harmed due to a highway construction site accident, contact the Boston construction accident attorneys at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. today at 617-225-2100 to discuss your options for FREE.