Wrongful Death Caused by Car & Truck Accidents
NO FEES UNLESS WE ARE SUCCESSFUL
The death of a loved one is one of the most difficult times for families and close friends. When this death was caused by another person's negligence, it is even more difficult to bear. While the emotions are overwhelming, unfortunately, there are many legal necessities that must be accomplished following a wrongful death. Sadly, when a family member dies unexpectedly you lose not only their companionship, but often, the means they provide.
The Boston personal injury and wrongful death lawyers at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. will help secure you and your family for many years following the unexpected loss of a loved one. Contact us today at 617-225-2100.
Wrongful death cases commonly involve a death caused by:
- Car, bus, train, or airplane accidents
- Defective or dangerous products such as heavy machinery or prescription medication
- Medical malpractice
- Industrial Accidents
- On the job accidents
Car accidents are the most common type of personal injury case. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, car accidents are the cause of over 40,000 deaths across the United States each year. These accidents result in devastating emotional and financial losses for the families of the victims.
Unfortunately, many of these fatalities could have been avoided if it weren't for the negligent or reckless behavior of other parties.Causes Of Car Accidents
- A driver who caused or contributed to the accident may have driven under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- A driver may have run a stop sign or run a red light
- A driver may have driven with a restricted license or without any license at all
- Wrongful death car accident fatalities may also be the result of negligence by a town, city, corporation, property owner, or other party
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that each year, thousands of individuals are killed in accidents involving trucks. The victims of these collisions include persons in other vehicles, drivers or passengers of the trucks themselves, and other individuals who were in the area of the accident at the time of the crash.
If you or a loved was injured in an automobile accident involving a truck, contact the Boston personal injury lawyers at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. to assist you in handling the complex issues that follow.Causes Of Truck Accidents
- Tire blowouts
- Truck driver fatigue
- Under-trained drivers
- Cell phone use (i.e. texting)
- Failure to have proper truck inspections (tires, brakes, etc.)
Massachusetts's law recognizes the affects of losing a loved one due to the negligence of another party in a car or truck accident. For this reason, state law entitles the families of drivers or passengers who suffer wrongful deaths to compensation.
- Any pain and suffering the victim experienced before their death as a result of the accident
- Costs associated with the victim's funeral and burial
- Wages the victim would have earned during the course of his or her life
- Emotional distress and physical injuries related to the emotional distress that family members suffered as a result of the accident
- Additional compensation meant to punish a party whose behavior was malicious, reckless, or grossly negligent, often referred to as punitive damages
If you believe you or a family member suffered a serious or disabling injury and or a fatal accident due to a motorcycle collision, contact the Boston personal injury lawyers at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. today for a FREE consultation at 617-225-2100. Our wrongful death attorneys work hard to determine the cause of the accident and establish the liability of the driver of the other vehicle.