Wrongful Death Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
The death of a loved one is never easy to bear. When that death is caused by another person's negligence or recklessness, it is even more difficult to accept. Sadly, when a loved one passes away, you not only lose their companionship, but also the means they provide.
The experienced Boston personal injury lawyers and Boston wrongful death lawyers at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. understand the overwhelming emotions involved. We also know that, unfortunately, swift legal action must be taken following the wrongful death of a loved one to ensure your family is taken care of for the years to follow. Call us today for a FREE consultation to discuss how we can help at 617-225-2100
Wrongful death cases commonly involve a death caused by:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, bus, train or airplane accidents
- Defective or dangerous products such as heavy machinery or prescription medication
- Medical malpractice
- Industrial accidents
- On-the-job accidents
Since motorcycles do not have a protective frame like other vehicles to protect riders, individuals involved in collisions with other vehicles or objects tend to have more traumatic and serious injuries.
Sometimes the recklessness or negligent behavior of another party leads to the wrongful death of a motorcyclist or passenger. Unfortunately, sometimes motorcycle drivers themselves act recklessly and cause the death of their own passenger.
The wrongful death may be the fault of:
- The manufacturer of a motorcycle or motorcycle equipment
- Another diver
- A town or city that has not properly maintained a road
Massachusetts's law recognizes the affects of losing a loved one due to the negligence of another party in a motorcycle accident. For this reason, state law entitles the families of motorcyclists who suffer wrongful deaths to compensation, including:
- Any pain and suffering the victim experienced before their death as a result of the motorcycle accident
- Costs associated with the victim's funeral and burial
- Wages the victim would have earned during the course of his or her life
- Emotional distress and physical injuries related to the emotional distress that family members suffered as a result of the accident
- Additional compensation meant to punish a party whose behavior was malicious, reckless, or grossly negligent, often referred to as punitive damages
If you believe you or a family member suffered a serious or disabling injury and or a fatal accident due to a motorcycle collision, contact the Boston personal injury attorneys at Bellotti Law Group, P.C. at 617-225-2100. In motorcycle death cases, our wrongful death attorneys work hard to determine the cause of the motorcycle accident and establish the liability of the driver of the other vehicle.