Causes of Car Accidents
NO FEES UNLESS WE ARE SUCCESSFUL
If you have been injured in a car accident as a result of someone else's negligence, Bellotti Law Group, P.C., can help you obtain the compensation you require and deserve, so that your medical bills are paid and your peace of mind is ensured.
For over 20 years, the Massachusetts car accident lawyers at Bellotti Law Group, P.C., have successfully brought claims on behalf of individuals injured in auto accidents. We are experienced at obtaining the police evidence and medical records, then making your case to insurance companies and in a courtroom. Call 617-225-2100 for a free case evaluation today!
Common Sites of Boston Car Accidents
According to MassDOT, the city of Boston has consistent amounts of car accidents every year. Injury-causing and fatal car crashes are also consistent, and MassDOT data shows that car crashes take the lives of 15 to 20 people within the city of Boston annually.
In Boston, there are an average of 100 people that sustain serious injuries from car crashes. 500 to 1000 people have minor injuries each year in the city. Around 4,000 car accidents that occur in Boston each year are reported as causing “unknown” or “possible” injuries.
Most importantly, car accidents are not evenly distributed across the city of Boston. There are many locations that appear to have more car accidents than others. Data from MassDot illustrates the high volume of car accidents in there specific areas:
- Near the New England Aquarium, where the road merges onto I-93N in the tunnels
- In the northbound part of the Sumner Tunnel, where Storrow Drive and I-93N splits
- The split between I-93S and Route 3, which leads into the Callahan Tunnel
- After Leverett Circle, where an on-ramp merges onto I-93
- Towards the south of the Tobin Bridge, where I-93 and Route 1 interchange
- The interchange near Mass General Hospital, consisting of Storrow Drive, Charles Street, Embankment Road, and Longfellow Bridge
- The part of I-93 that is just south of the Mass Pike
- The part of Mass Pike at the Copley Place on and off ramps
- The end of Mass Ave. closest to Roxbury; near the Melnea Cass Boulevard and the Mass Ave Connector
If you are a seasoned Boston-area driver, you probably already know that locations that have the high potential for accidents are concentrated at the merges and splits on I-93.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents
In Massachusetts, car accidents are often the result of:
- Speeding: Speed limits vary on different roads and it is the driver's responsibility to travel at a safe distance behind other vehicles. Drivers are responsible for adjusting their speed based on the roadway conditions and weather.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving causes thousands of injuries and deaths each year in Massachusetts and across the country. When someone is injured or killed in a drunk driving accident, compensation can be sought from the driver's auto insurance policy. If the driver was served liquor at a bar or other establishment, compensation may also be sought from the business' insurance policy.
- Cell phone use: Massachusetts has banned texting while driving for all drivers and all cell phone use for drivers under 18. Under the law, drivers are prohibited from texting while driving and e-mailing while the car is moving and while stopped at a traffic light or intersection.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians have the right of way in many situations, including while walking in crosswalks and along the sides of the road. But when drivers fail to give pedestrians the proper room, car accidents can occur. Across the country, a motor vehicle accident kills a pedestrian every two hours and one is injured every nine minutes.
If you have been injured in an auto accident, contact an experienced Boston motor vehicle accident lawyer at Bellotti Law Group, P.C., today to learn your rights. Be aware you may face a statute of limitation for how long you can file a claim.
Contact A Massachusetts Auto Accident Lawyer
Contact the Massachusetts traffic accident attorneys at Bellotti Law Group, P.C., today at 617-225-2100. We are conveniently located in Boston, Cambridge and Quincy. Be sure to have any paperwork you have ready when you call. You can also use our contact form. We will respond promptly.